Dr. Lily Saleem
- 14+ years in medical administration & hospital operations
- 11 years in Hyderabad corporate health care industry
M.B.B.S.(Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery),
- April 18 – till date :
- C.O.O & Director Medical Services, The Deccan Hospital, Somajiguda, Hyderabad
- Nov17 – March18 :
- Head administration units 3 & 5, Fernandez Hospital, Hyderabad
- 2013 – 2017
- Dy. Medical Director, Head – Quality & Billing, Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad
- Medical Superintendent, Prime Hospitals, Ameerpet & Kukatpally
- Head – Billing & Revenues(DGM), Care hospitals, Banjara Hills
- 2008 – 2009
- RMO-Credit Billing, Yashoda Hospital, Secunderabad
- R.M.O of Indo-American Cancer Institute
- Medical Officer- Rural Health Unit of Pinnamaneni Poly Clinic
- Medical administrator (Doctor in-charge of Patient welfare )
- Tutor, Community Medicine, Dr.Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Medical College, Gannavaram.
- 1994 – 1997
- Worked as lady Medical Officer, Rural Perinatal Care Project affiliated to University Health Sciences, spread over 40 Villages surrounding Vijayawada in Krishna District.
- EXPERIENCE AS CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER:
- Reading all operations including clinical services, quality, business development, internal audit, billing etc with dotted line control of Finnce & accounting.
- Pivotal role in re-designing and implementing business operations
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Overseeing operations of the company and the work of various stakeholders
- EXPERIENCE AS DIRECTOR MEDICAL SERVICES:
- Strengthening clinical departments & ensuring clinician discipline
- Addition of regular & visiting consultants
- Departmental revenue analysis involving clinical specialists
- Monitoring & implementation of various patient care protocols
- Augmentation of patient care processes with reference to patient touch points
- Chaired/Co-chaired/co-ordinated various clinical committee meets with impetus on learning points to clinicians for enhancing patient care
- Actively involved with and implemented several clinical audits.
- EXPERIENCE IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT:
- Heading pharmacy and general stores purchases and actively involved in setting up efficient SCM practices
- Vendor managed inventory (vendor negotiations ensuring effective operating margins)
- Efficient internal audit controls and check systems for reducing wastages
- Strict avoidance of value mismatch and misuse through standardization and proper specification
- Virtual centralization of supply chain management is a dream project which I would like to undertake at the appropriate juncture.
- EXPERIENCE AS HEAD HOSPITAL OPERATIONS – MEDICAL & NON MEDICAL & QUALITY HEAD:
- 8 years of experience as head operations both in clinical and non-clinical areas. Being extremely quality conscious strongly believe in amalgamation of operations and quality to ensure enhanced patient satisfaction, improved outcomes, effective utilization of goods and services and cost optimization.
- Actively involved in NABH accreditations – final accreditation of 150 bedded Prime hospital, two final and two surveillance audits of Sunshine hospitals and re-accreditation of The Deccan Hospital. Chaired/co-chaired almost all quality committees and presently member secretary of Hospital Ethics committee.
- Qualified in POI training of NABH standards of hospitals and certified in fire fighting practices. Also conducted 6 ISO 9000:2008 final audits and 1 ISO 9000:2015 audit.
- EXPERIENCE IN BILLING & REVENUE CYCLE MANAGEMENT:
- Experience in billing and revenue cycle management spans over 12 years
- Actively involved in implementing robust billing systems across various corporate hospitals.
- Well versed with all categories of billing practices
- Strong in contribution analysis & billing analytics
- Strong hold in Revenue Cycle Management
- Headed reconciliation sessions of billing, recovery, internal audit & finance
- EXPERIENCE IN P&L / COPQ & KAIZEN protocols:
- Flair for financial forecasting & expertise in hospital budgeting process
- Experienced in overall quarterly comparisons and annual budgetary review
- Cost of poor quality and optimization of cost controls, contribution analysis and tariff review are areas of interest with proven track record of target based achievements
- Prepared and presented budgets and assisted CEO/MD in P & L responsibility in all previous experiences.
- EXPERIENCE IN HUMAN RESOURCE PRACTICES & TRAINING:
- Strong believer of efficient human resource protocols, budgeting & continuous training programs
- Adopted Kaizen protocols for ensuring man power optimization.
- Headed human resource training session & am an effective trainer
- Experienced in retrenchment exercise.
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT:
- Played a key role in effective implementation & review of various strategic decisions
- Experienced in market analysis and competitive strategies
- Drafted and implemented various KPIs & KRAs
Strong believer in PDCA cycle, SWOT analysis etc